Monday, February 18, 2008

Time to do as I do and not just as I say...

So, my first ever blog. Well, the first that I have created and not just contributed to. The reason I am doing this is wholly linked to my profession as a teacher. I recently asked my A2 Communications group if they have a blog or contribute to one and I was ashamed that they knew much more about this aspect of new technology than I did. So here I am. In order to teach 'new technologies' surely I need to be active in my approach towards them?

This being a relatively new aspect of communication leads me to wonder why people do it. Does anyone actually read other 'random' people's blogs? Is it just cathartic writing about life? Do people ever get much feedback (as surely that's what we're all seeking through this process...) Gone are the days when the mass media ruled what we were exposed to, now anyone can have a voice and put their thoughts 'out there' for all to see and comment on. So feel free. Do let me know what you think about blogging and, if you do blog, what you get out of it.

My blog is entitled "Teaching's Traumas and Triumphs" because that's what I imagine my future posts will be about. Teaching gives you a never ending supply of both traumas and triumphs, hence the reason I find it an incredibly hard but very rewarding profession. So to anyone considering being a teacher: be brave, be resilient and you will be thanked in all sorts of amazing ways for the hard work you put in.

Ciao for now...

No comments: